At Phillips Family Dental Care, we value your time as much as you do. This is why we are proud to offer you CEREC single-visit tooth crowns. Dr. Justin Phillips uses CEREC crowns to restore your smile quickly and conveniently. Why go to the dentist a second time if you can go once?
What is CEREC?
CEREC is a restorative cosmetic dental procedure for restoring damaged teeth, and this restoration can be completed in a single visit to our Santa Rosa, CA office. Using this technology, we are able to strengthen your natural teeth, all while keeping your smile looking beautiful and healthy. CEREC crowns use high-grade ceramic material instead of metal, which works much better with the natural tissue found in your mouth.
What are the advantages of using CEREC over traditional crowns?
- Time: CEREC crowns are made in one visit, saving you considerable time away from your job and family.
- Comfort: With CEREC, there is no need for a temporary crown, eliminating significant potential discomfort.
- Aesthetics: The strong, tooth-colored ceramic materials of CEREC restore your teeth to their natural strength, beauty, and function, and closely match the composition of your natural tooth structure.
- Strength: Milled ceramic is stronger than the traditional method of layering and pressing, so your smile will stay beautiful for years!
- Fillings: CEREC material and technology can also be used for fillings. Since these fillings are made out of porcelain, they are more durable than white composite fillings.
The CEREC Process
During your appointment, you and Dr. Phillips will discuss the details of the procedure and will answer any questions you may have. He will then apply a thin layer of reflective powder onto your tooth and will use a special 3-D imaging camera to take a photo of your tooth. Using CEREC technology, your restoration will be designed according to your tooth's appropriate form and function. Then, CEREC will use diamond burs to create your restoration out of a piece of ceramic. Finally, the ceramic crown is bonded to your tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive materials.
Think CEREC crowns are right for you? Request an appointment with Dr. Phillips at our Santa Rosa dental office today!